Renommierte Weingüter Burgenland

Juris Winery

Axel Stiegelmar

A-7122 Gols, Marktgasse 12-18
Tel: +43 (0)2173 2748
Fax: +43 (0)2173 3323
Email: office[at]juris.at
Internet: www.juris.at
Contact: Axel and Herta Stiegelmar

CONSISTENCY AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL – this Stiegelmar family motto was the basis on which Georg Stiegelmar began to build the winery’s reputation at the end of the 1960s.

The winery now has vineyards across 15 hectares in Gols at the edge of the Parndorf plateau to the Seewinkel. 80% of the acreage in Gols is currently planted with red wine grapes, primarily St. Laurent, Pinot Noir, Zweigelt, Cabernet Sauvignon and Blaufränkisch. The other 20 % is covered with white wine grapes, led by Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc and Muskat-Ottonel.

Particular attention is placed on protecting the natural resources of a vineyard, which requires intensive foliage work and meaningful thinning out at the right time. Grapes, must and wine are mainly moved by gravity at the JURIS Winery. The processing material on four levels falls, slips or flows by itself onto the next level. The wines in the cellar are pressed again at high pressure using a special pressure system, which creates elegant and harmonious red wines with a silky tannin structure.

Consistency is also expressed in the awards received. Wines from the Stiegelmar family have been achieving the highest reviews both at home and abroad since the 1970s. These include "Winemaker of the year" at the International Wine and Spirit Competition, the 1st "Austrian Red Wine Trophy" at the Wine Challenge in London in 1995, and the 2000 Falstaff award for the St. Laurent 1998 JURIS.